One of the hottest trends this season is metallics--as long as you find the right way to wear them! This trend can be super fun, just avoid using too many pieces at the same time. In the clip above, style expert Petra Flannery and Heidi share their advice on appropriately incorporating this perfect blend of downtown glamour into your ensemble.
Tip number one? Try to balance your look, no matter the occasion. Mix high-gloss metallics with a basic top or bottom. When going to a cocktail party, for example, wear a metallic dress with nude shoes and simple jewelry. If you are going to work, pair a luxe skirt with a basic tee.
If you're hesitant about trying this bold look, start slow--go for a blazer that combines tweed with metallic. You can also tone down your ensemble by pairing it with casual and cool accessories. Later on you can always add on extra pieces, like gunmetal earrings or a metallic purse.
Although you may love the individual pieces, several metallic or shimmer items can look messy when worn simultaneously, so be careful. Dance under a disco ball, don't look like one!
- Look : Daytime Glam
- J. Crew Vintage Cotton Tee
- Tart Gigi Metallic Linen Skirt
- Asos Mini Skirt in Metallic Leather
- Karen Kane Metallic Skirt
- Rachel Leigh Metal Layer Necklace
- RJ Graziano Hammered Metal Disc Necklace
- 25th Floor Tangled Crescent Necklace
- Jessica Simpson Waleo Patent Pump
- Look 2: Nighttime Cool
- Bird by Juicy Couture Gemma Metallic Tweed Jacket
- By Zoe Metallic Silver Blazer
- Anthropologie Foil Linen Blazer
- Topshop Chain Metallic T-Shirt
- J Brand Denim 901 Low-Rise Legging-Style Jeans
- Charlotte Russe Glittery-Star Metallic Pumps
- Calvin Klein Blane
- Boutique 9 Orra Metallic Leather Pumps