Have you ever wondered how to create a hollow eggshell to use for decorating? It's easy and fun! Empty eggshells can be decorated in a ton of different ways.
"Egg blowing is huge in Germany and something I always did while growing up," says Heidi. "I introduced egg blowing to Shakuntala and she took it to a whole new level!"
Watch the clip above with Heidi and craft expert Shakuntala Zakheim to learn how to blow out your own Easter eggs. You can do it in just a few simple steps. And don't be afraid to get creative!
- Sand the top of the egg, then use a tack to puncture a hole in the egg.
- Use a skewer to puncture the yolk through the top of the egg.
- Make sure to also puncture the bottom of the egg too.
- Then, use a thin straw to blow out the egg into a dish.
- Now, its time to dye the eggs!
- After the eggs are dyed, you can decorate them using glue, glitter, beads and whatever else you like!
- It's time to hang your eggs. Happy Easter!