With all the inclement weather occurring across the country, our winter boots have become quite the necessity. In fact, we haven't been leaving home without them! But keeping them clean of stains and damage isn't an easy task.
There are many types of winter boots on the market, but one of the most popular seems to be those cozy sheepskin boots, such as Uggs. We found this tutorial, courtesy of Ugg Australia, on how to clean suede or knit boots. But the most important the company recommends is this: never wash your Uggs in the washing machine or dry them in the dryer!
To clean suede Uggs:
- Wet the boots slightly.
- Gently scrub them with mild detergent, like wool cleaner.
- Stuff the boots with paper.
- Put the boots aside for 12 to 16 hours or until fully dry.
- Brush the nap back to its original texture with a suede brush. Remember to brush in only one direction.
- Fill a bucket with cool water and mild detergent.
- Place your boots in the bucket.
- Rub the boots against each other.
- Rinse thoroughly, and stuff the boots with paper.
- Put aside for 12 to 16 hours or until fully dry.