The Academy Awards are on this Sunday, February 26th, and it's the perfect time to have a few girlfriends over for a little get together! Need an Oscar Party recipe that really stands out? Try Candice Kumai's red carpet cocktails. From her Sparkling Lavender Mimosas to her Pom Punch and Rosemary Lemonade recipes, you'll be serving up classy drinks just in time for your Oscar soiree. We can't wait to see all the looks on the red carpet this year. Cheers!
Sparkling Lavender Mimosas
- 1 Bottle of Sparking extra dry wine, chilled½ Cup Ultimat Vodka
- ¾ cup of green grapes, halved
- 11/2 cups white grape juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons elderflower cordial
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lavender sprigs for garnish
1. In a large pitcher, mix the grapes, white grape juice, elderflower cordial (muddle lightly with a wooden spoon Allow the mixture to set for approximately15 minutes.
2. Add in the sparkling wine, give it a whirl just before service. Top with fresh elderflowers or lavender sprigs to top. Serve in champagne flutes and toast!
An elegant lemonade with a rosemary twist. Serve up in gingered sugar rimmed mason jar glasses over ice.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup Ultimat vodka
- Chilled seltzer water
- Rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- 8 gingered sugar rimmed glasses
1. In a small saucepan make a simple lemon-rosemary syrup. Add lemon juice, sugar, and rosemary stirring on a low heat until sugar has dissolved. Stir well.
2. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Cool completely. Discard the boiled rosemary sprigs.
3. To serve: Fill your, sugar rimmed glasses with ice. Add approximately 2 parts of the lemon rosemary syrup to each glass and add approximately 2 parts Ultimat Vodka to each glass. Finish off with club soda and a rosemary sprig to top.
A pitcher of lovey punch for the whole party to enjoy during the Oscars! Pour over ice and top off with a bit or orange or apple slices for an elegant touch.
- ¾ cup Ultimat Vodka
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced (horizontally round, so a star appears with the seeds)
- 3 ½ cups Pom juice
- ½ Cup Pom Seeds
- Seltzer water if needed
- Ice cubes or more pom seeds to top
1. In a large pitcher, mix the apples, pom juice, (muddle lightly with a wooden spoon). Allow the mixture to set for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Add in the Ultimat Vodka, ice and give it a mix again just before service. Top with pom seeds
* Seltzer water can be added if needed.