Event Planner Mindy Weiss throws the best parties for the rich and famous. But no matter what budget you are working with a few simple pops of color and a sharp attention to detail can turn any events into a fabulous soiree. Mindy teaches Heidi about choosing the location, creating inspired invitations, and DIY tabletop accessories.
1. Choose your location. The details and decorations depend on where your event is taking place.
2. Look online for great deals on paper, and feel free to add colorful layers with a double stick tape gun to make the invitations more exciting. Try Lehr & Black for celeb-worthy custom invitations or Tiny Prints for affordable invitations with pre-designed templates.
3. Send a Save the Date, or send invitations at least eight weeks ahead of time so guests can make travel arrangements.
4. For table settings, use what the venue offers to save on rental costs, but perhaps rent a special charger, table overlay, or chair backs. Mindy suggests Classic Party Rentals, a national company for table and dishware rentals, and Resource One for linens and chair backs.
5. You can use lighting gels or even cellophane or colored tissue paper to wrap around clear glasses for a bight touch.
6. Personalize the event by giving every guest a place card and seating assignment.
7. Flowers can be easily stuck into oasis, which you can buy at the flower market. Color blocking makes arranging flowers simpler and can be done the night before to save time the day of the event.
Most Popular Slideshows
Most Popular Videos
Coast to Coast Style Video: Northeast Fashion
Coast to Coast Style Video: Southern Fashion
Video: Brunch with the Ladies
Video: How to Make Roses Out of Duct Tape
Video: Creative Ideas for Making Name Tags
Video: The Do's and Don'ts of Wearing Metallics
Video: Glamorous Side Swept Hair
Video: How to Add a Pop of Color to Eye Makeup
Video: White Out