Shopping for antiques is all about inspiration, but it's also about making logical decisions on what pieces will work in your home. By taking proper measurements, having clear-cut placement ideas, and understanding that statement pieces can come in all different shapes and sizes, Michael Ostrow guides Heidi through some of his favorite antique shops in Los Angeles.
1. Curated stores are a great place to get ideas-but inspiration can come from anywhere, so never limit yourself to just antiques.
2. Always have an idea for where an object will go before buying it, and measure your rooms before making any final decisions.
3. Make sure you get a tear sheet for any items you are interested in. You'll need to review them later before deciding to buy.
4. Try to think about how the antiques will look in your home.
5. Statement pieces can be big or small, just make sure they stand out.
Most Popular Slideshows
Most Popular Videos
Coast to Coast Style Video: Northeast Fashion
Coast to Coast Style Video: Southern Fashion
Video: Brunch with the Ladies
Video: How to Make Roses Out of Duct Tape
Video: Creative Ideas for Making Name Tags
Video: The Do's and Don'ts of Wearing Metallics
Video: Glamorous Side Swept Hair
Video: How to Add a Pop of Color to Eye Makeup
Video: White Out