Will you be tuning in to the Academy Awards on Sunday? Get some friends together and show off your red carpet style with these creative party ideas, courtesy of EHow.com. From dressing like you're going to the show to participating in your own voting poll with guests, you can turn the evening into a star-studded affair right from your own living room.
1. Make sure that you have plenty of comfortable seating and that everyone will have a clear view of the television.
2. Make a 90-minute mix tape of recognizable movie themes to play in the background before and after the ceremony. Put the tape deck on repeat.
3. Dress for the Oscars. Wear tuxes and evening gowns with rhinestone necklaces.
4. Announce guests over a microphone as they arrive. For example, "And now please welcome last year's winner of the best supporting soccer coach, Stan Murphy."
5. Provide appetizers and both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
6. Pass out pens and ballots listing all the nominees and have everyone vote on who they think is going to win before the ceremony starts.
7. Tally results after the ceremony ends.
8. Present a fake plastic Oscar to the person who got the most right. Encourage the winner to make an acceptance speech.
- Compact Mirror
- Mini Toothbrush
- Heidi's Favorite Red Carpet Looks
- J. Mendel at the CFDA Awards
- Ungaro at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Roland Mouret at the Peabody Awards
- John Galliano at The Oscars
- Marchesa at the 2009 Emmys
- Roberto Cavalli at Elton John's Oscar Party
- Giorgio Armani at the 2008 Emmys
- Givenchy at Project Runway
- Matthew Williamson at the Project Runway finale