For the 2012 annual Primetime Emmy Awards, Heidi chose a sea-foam green chiffon gown, accented with 30's style draping on the shoulders and waistband.
"We are always excited to work with a new and talented designer," says her stylist Maryam Malakpour. "We recently started working with Alexandre Vauthier and when he showed us his collection, Heidi immediately fell in love with the color and the translucent, airy feel of the dress."
And, like many red carpet ensembles, it didn't come without a challenge during the fitting process. "It was completely sheer, so we had the designer add lining, but then the lining made the dress feel too bulky and it lost its cool and airy feel, so we had to think and made it work!"
For her hair, stylist Oribe Canales created a style reminiscent of Hollywood glamour to compliment her gown. "The inspiration for the style is a combination of the 70s and 90s," he says of the look that Heidi chose herself. "Decedent but sweet, soft but severe."
See more of Heidi's past red carpet looks here.
- Hayden Panettiere
- Michelle Williams
- Maria Menounos
- Marion Cotillard
- AnnaLynne McCord
- Vanessa Williams
- Charlize Theron
- Blake Lively
- Miranda Kerr
- Kerry Washington
- Heidi's Favorite Red Carpet Looks
- J. Mendel at the CFDA Awards
- Ungaro at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Roland Mouret at the Peabody Awards
- John Galliano at The Oscars
- Marchesa at the 2009 Emmys
- Roberto Cavalli at Elton John's Oscar Party
- Giorgio Armani at the 2008 Emmys
- Givenchy at Project Runway
- Matthew Williamson at the Project Runway finale
- Heidi's Oscar Looks of the Past
- Heidi's Golden Globes Looks of the Past
- 2006 Costume National dress.
- 2007 Givenchy gloves and Christian Louboutin shoes.
- 2009 Vintage James Galanos, Christian Louboutin shoes
- 2010 Roberto Cavalli dress
- 2011 Marc Jacobs dress, Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
- Heidi's Golden Globes Looks of the Past, Hair and Makeup