We spend time and money on skincare and makeup products to help us look our best, but not all makeup regimes are created equal. In fact, many women are making common beauty mistakes and don't even realize it. Avoid these beauty no-nos that can age you.
Mistake: Using thick foundation
Yes, foundation can help disguise uneven skin tone and give skin a youthful glow, but when applied too harshly, foundation can cake, making skin look dull and lackluster. Stick to a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturizer instead.
Mistake: Applying mascara to the lower lashes
We all want sexy, flirty eyelashes, but keep the mascara application for the top lashes. Adding product to the lower lashes can backfire, as it can actually make crows feet and fine lines more noticeable, in addition to highlighting dark circles.
Mistake: Using face powder all over skin
Dusting loose powder over shiny spots (forehead and nose) is great for keeping grease at bay, but avoid powdering your whole face, which can emphasize fine lines and highlight dry spots, according to Allure.
Mistake: Forgetting about the brows
Fading, thinning brows go hand-in-hand with aging, and as women get older, a lack of a shaped brow can leave them looking washed out. Keep your brows shaped and fill them in with a brow liner or brow mascara to avoid looking older.
Mistake: Choosing the wrong color blush
Choose colors that are soft and sheer, giving the cheeks a fresh glow. Women with fair skin look best in rosy pinks and peaches, "nothing too brown," makeup artist Melissa Silver tells Real Simple. Silver recommends pinks and peaches for medium skin tones and corals, oranges, berries, and rich bronzes for darker complexions. Avoid anything too blue or too light, which can appear ashy.
- Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Fragrance Free
- Volum' Express Falsies
- Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
- Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes-Pink Grapefruit
- Almay Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks
- Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Body Lotion SPF
- St. Ives Green Tea Naturally Clear Body Scrub
- Covergirl Intense Shadowblast Eye Shadow
- Scunci No-Slip Grip Bobby Pins
- Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Balm
- Ecotools Earth-Friendly Beauty Bamboo Eye Brush Set
- Essence of Beauty Multi-Purpose Cotton Cosmetic Applicators
- Heidi Klum Shine Eau De Toilette Natural Spray
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
- Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
- Secret Scent Expressions
- Ombre Nails