Keeping beauty products in the fridge isn't just a trick to cool down in summertime-it'll actually help your products last longer, year-round! From perfume to moisturizer, keeping products cool can slow chemical reactions and ultimately end up extending the life of your beauty products.
Humidity from your bathroom and shower can end up shortening the life of products, but keeping them cool slows down chemical processes such as oxidation, so you'll end up saving money and making less frequent trips to the drugstore or beauty counter.
The Do's and Don't of Getting Makeup to Last Longer
DO keep them in the fridge. Eye cream, moisturizer and perfume all work well when kept at a cooler temperature.
DO tighten the lids on all beauty products. This will keep them fresh and lasting longer.
DO store eye cream in the fridge-not only will it last longer, but the cooling effects will reduce puffy eyes-added bonus!
DO store any product with Vitamin C in the fridge. It will keep the vitamins from breaking down in the serums.
DON'T keep them in open containers. You don't want your makeup to smell like your food!
DON'T let products freeze. It will ruin them.
DON'T forget to use your products. Some people even go as far as to purchase a cosmetic refrigerator that you store in your bathroom to keep products handy. Yes, that actually does exist!
- Drugstore Beauty Buys
- Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Fragrance Free
- Volum' Express Falsies
- Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
- Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes-Pink Grapefruit
- Almay Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks
- Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Body Lotion SPF
- St. Ives Green Tea Naturally Clear Body Scrub
- Covergirl Intense Shadowblast Eye Shadow
- Scunci No-Slip Grip Bobby Pins
- Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Balm
- Ecotools Earth-Friendly Beauty Bamboo Eye Brush Set
- Essence of Beauty Multi-Purpose Cotton Cosmetic Applicators
- Heidi Klum Shine Eau De Toilette Natural Spray
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
- Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
- Secret Scent Expressions
- The Best Multi-Tasking Products
- Sonia Kashuk All in One Makeup Palatte
- GHD Straightener
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray
- Goody Styling Therapy Paddle Brush
- Perfekt's Matte Body Perfection Gel
- Petroleum Jelly
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo and Shower Gel
- Anastasia Beverly Hills All-in-One Brow Kit
- Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder
- Almay Bright Eyes Eye Base Concealer
- multiplEYE Mascara by Tarte
- Coastal Scents Professional Camouflage Concealer Palette
- Estée Lauder 'DayWear Plus' Multi Protection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
- Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Moisture Lotion
- Nars the Multiple Stick
- Dove Cream Oil Body Wash
- Best Self Tanners
- Clarins Intense Bronze Self Tanning Tint
- Banana Boat Self Tanning Mist
- Lancome Flash Bronzer
- L'Oreal Sublime Bronze
- Jergen's Natural Glow Tanning Lotion
- Kate Sommerville Self Tanning Towlettes
- St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion