We love any excuse to make cake, and these adorable Easter-themed cake pops are well worth the baking effort! Here's the recipe, courtesy of Bakerella.com
Ingredients for Basic Cake Pops:
1 box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can frosting (16 oz.)
Ingredients for Decorating Easter Egg Pops:
Pink Candy Melts
Yellow Candy Melts
White Candy Melts
Pastel Confetti Sprinkles
Light Corn Syrup
Paper Lollipop Sticks
Directions for Cake Pops:
First, make the cake balls as directed. Get instructions here.
Directions for Decorating Easter Egg Pops:
1.Shape the cake balls into an egg shape.
2. Dip in candy coating color of your choice.
3. Let sit in the styrofoam block until dry.
4. When dry, use a small paint brush to paint on a thin layer of corn syrup in a line around the egg. Do one line at a time.
5. Right after you paint on the syrup, sprinkle on one of the sanding colors until all of the corn syrup is covered. Use a bowl sprinkle over. Repeat with varying designs and colors.
6. You could probably also do this with the melted candy color, but this time I was experimenting and tried the corn syrup.
7. For the confetti sprinkles, either dab a little bit of the candy color with your toothpick and glue on the sprinkle shapes or use a little bit of the corn syrup to act as the glue. The corn syrup will take a little longer to dry.
8. Dry completely.
Most Popular Slideshows
Most Popular Videos
Coast to Coast Style Video: Northeast Fashion
Coast to Coast Style Video: Southern Fashion
Video: Brunch with the Ladies
Video: How to Make Roses Out of Duct Tape
Video: Creative Ideas for Making Name Tags
Video: The Do's and Don'ts of Wearing Metallics
Video: Glamorous Side Swept Hair
Video: How to Add a Pop of Color to Eye Makeup
Video: White Out