Jaimi Brooks knows all the secrets behind the perfect manicure-and after all the clipping, buffing, filing and painting we are left with absolutely perfect nails. She lets us know the tools we will need and the right process to make your nail color last.
You Will Need:
Pure Acetone, Buffer Blocks, Cuticle Softener, Cuticle Pusher, Cuticle Oil, Cuticle Nippers, Base Coat, Cotton, Top Coat, Bowl Of Water Files, Orangewood Sticks, and Fun Colors!
1. File in a back and forth motion, and don't leave a sharp edge.
2. After filing, soak your hands in warm water to soften the cuticle and skin around your nail.
3. Apply cuticle softener and push back the cuticle.
4. Remove any excess skin with the cuticle nippers.
5. Rub together the buffers to smooth them out, and buff over the edges of the nail plate.
6. Clean nails thoroughly with the acetone.
7. Apply the base coat and them move onto the color. Get up as close as you can to the cuticle.
8. If you get any polish on your skin, use the orangewood sticks to quickly remove.
9. Paint two coats of color and a top coat.
10. Add cuticle oil to help protect and rehydrate the nail.
For more of Jaimi's manicure and beauty tips, go to Fiore Beauty Blog.
Most Popular Slideshows
Most Popular Videos
Coast to Coast Style Video: Northeast Fashion
Coast to Coast Style Video: Southern Fashion
Video: Brunch with the Ladies
Video: How to Make Roses Out of Duct Tape
Video: Creative Ideas for Making Name Tags
Video: The Do's and Don'ts of Wearing Metallics
Video: Glamorous Side Swept Hair
Video: How to Add a Pop of Color to Eye Makeup
Video: White Out