Winter can wreak havoc on your skin. And sometimes the best remedies aren't expensive products with ingredients you can't even pronounce-instead, save money and go green by trying some beauty ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
These natural ingredients will fix any beauty woe, from dry strands to thin lips and yellowed teeth. You'll feel rejuvenated after spending a few hours in your kitchen (who knew!).
Unique products from your kitchen you can use in your beauty routine:
1. Lemon Juice
Those who suffer from yellowing nails will appreciate a few dabs of lemon juice to nails, which will help brighten and whiten nail beds. Just soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and dab on nails.
Dull, lackluster winter hair? Brighten up blonde highlights with a bottle of champagne. Pour over strands and let saturate for a few minutes, then rinse. The result? Brighter strands, sans a trip to the salon!
Frigid temperatures means dry, red skin for many of us during the winter months. Moisten skin with honey, which serves as a natural skin conditioner.
Naturally whiten teeth with a combination of strawberries and baking soda, which serves as a natural teeth whitener. To do, mix equal parts of pureed or mashed strawberries with baking soda. Spoon into a mouth guard or tooth tray and leave in for 20-30 minutes. Voila!
Potatoes have been tried and tested to help reduce puffiness and swelling, making them a great alternative to a cucumber slice on the eyes. Cut a potato slice, chill in fridge, then apply to under eye area to reduce those under eye bags and dark circles.
Not only has cinnamon ben shown to increase your metabolism, it also makes your lips more plump! Mix with lip gloss and swipe over lips.
Mash a banana and add a little water for a natural alternative to shaving cream.
- Exfoliants for Dry Winter Skin
- Almond Coconut Milk Scrub
- Benefit Cosmetics Honey Snap Out of It Scrub
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish
- Pure Fiji Coconut Mango Sugar Scrub
- Sabon Patchouli Lavender Vanilla Body Scrub
- Vichy Purete Thermale Detoxifying Exfoliating Cream
- Soap and Glory
- Tracie Martyn Enzyme Exfoliant
- Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
- Kona Coffee & Sugar Detox Whole Body Scrub
- Beauty 911
- Dark Circles
- Frizzy Hair
- Oily Skin
- Ugly Cuts and Bruises
- Ill-Fitting Stilettos
- Greasy Hair
- Lizard Lips
- Runny Makeup
- Emergency Kit
- Botched Manicure
- Food in Teeth
- Deodorant Streaks
- Drugstore Beauty Buys
- Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Fragrance Free
- Volum' Express Falsies
- Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
- Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes-Pink Grapefruit
- Almay Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks
- Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Body Lotion SPF
- St. Ives Green Tea Naturally Clear Body Scrub
- Covergirl Intense Shadowblast Eye Shadow
- Scunci No-Slip Grip Bobby Pins
- Ped Egg Pedicure Foot File
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Balm
- Ecotools Earth-Friendly Beauty Bamboo Eye Brush Set
- Essence of Beauty Multi-Purpose Cotton Cosmetic Applicators
- Heidi Klum Shine Eau De Toilette Natural Spray
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
- Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
- Secret Scent Expressions